top of page

Working in the Metaverse

公開·54 メンバー
Christopher Campos
Christopher Campos

Windows 7 Shutdown Sound Mp3 Download

After this tutorial you should be able can use any song clips in place of default theme when windows boots up, shut down, log off or etc. You can create different sound theme for different purpose. You can record a personal greeting or set your favorite music to play as the startup sound.

windows 7 shutdown sound mp3 download

Step 2: Now go ahead and navigate to the folder with the current startup and shutdown Windows sounds, which is C:\Windows\Media. Here you will find the files Windows XP Startup.wav and Windows XP Shutdown.wav along with a bunch of other Windows sounds.

Windows 8 is a different beast altogether and pretty much all the startup and shutdown sounds are disabled by default. This is because Windows 8 sports a new fast boot (hybrid boot) that cuts down on the boot time significantly. There are two problems with Windows 8:

2. Even if you enable the sounds, the fast boot procedure bypasses all sounds. In order to hear the sounds, you have to perform a full shutdown of your system. Even performing a restart will result in the sounds not playing.

Lastly, you have to perform a full shutdown in Windows 8 in order to hear the login sound when you startup. In order to perform a full shutdown in 8.1, you have to right-click on the Start Button, choose Shut down or sign out and then click on Shut down.

If the registry files responsible for both the startup and shutdown sound on your computer are excluded from the Control Panel, the Windows Logon and Windows Logoff options will be missing in the Sound settings menu.

There is one way but it is not perfect. I managed to download a VB sctipt that plays the sound I want at shutdown. I then conbined it with the shutdown command in a batch file. I then created a desktop icon to call it, which I also placed on the start screen. Very amrteurish I agree but at least it works. Of course it will only work from my file and a normal shutdown from the GUI plays nothing.